What could it mean?
Over 25 years ago, a father was at a flying field trying to teach his son how to fly RC Planes. They kept arguing and getting a bit upset. A 10-year-old at the time was very young to learn RC planes. So Damon, being an instructor asked if he could help. The dad was at his end, and said, “Please maybe you can get him to understand”. Damon started out just flying a trainer and showing the young boy that flying is not only fun but easy once you do it over and over. It is something which you learn from doing. After around 6 weeks, Damon had the boy take his solo flight. A week later, the dad gave Damon a hat that said “DAG” on it. The dad said it stood for “Damn Awesome Guy”. This nickname has lived with Damon ever since. It has also since been termed DAG-Damon Aircraft Group. That was started on RC Groups as many feel Damon should somehow figure out how to sell his designs with RC airframes.
Damon G. Atwood Resume-
- First Rubber Power Sick & Tissue Plane- 1973
- First Control Line- 1975
- First RC Plane (Glider)- 1980
- First RC Plane (Powered)- 1982
- First Scratch Built- 1990
- First Design- 1996
- Started Large Scale Aircraft- 1999
- Started Large Scale Aircraft “Electrics”- 2009
- Winner SEFF (Best Of Show)- 2010
- Skydiver-1995 (275 jumps) Stopped when Emma was born.